Professional Achievement: Certified professionals have distinguished themselves in their career
Professional Opportunities: Certified professionals have influence and input among their colleagues
Career Advancement: Certified professionals professionals advance in the workplace
Personal Accomplishment: Certified professionals routinely report a sense of pride, fulfillment and empowerment as a result of passing the exam
IBHRE Surveys Indicate:
- Employers associate IBHRE certification with seniority, leadership roles, increased responsibility, and direct involvement in staff education and training activities.
- Physicians benefit from the certification through increase in credibility, personal satisfaction, colleague recognition, and implanting privileges for requiring hospitals.
- Allied professionals profit through some form of employer recognition (pay increase, promotion, increased respect, and credibility).
- The certification provides patients with confidence and reassurance that their health care provider is experienced, competent and qualified.
Heart Rhythm Society Validation
The Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) has endorsed IBHRE Certification in:
- 2008 Task Force 6: Training in Specialized Electrophysiology, Cardiac Pacing, and Arrhythmia Management
- This Task Force 6 Report is 1 of 13 COCATS 3 Task Force Reports, which encompass training recommendations for the fellowship programs in adult cardiovascular medicine.
- Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society (FHRS): IBHRE satisfies three eligibility criteria in the FHRS Program for International Electrophysiologists, Pediatric Electrophysiologists, and Allied Professionals.
- IBHRE certified physicians who are members of HRS can be searched by the public in the HRS Find a Specialist Directory.