Allied Professional CDRMS Exam Eligibility Policy
The purpose of this policy is to articulate and define the standard eligibility requirement held by IBHRE in order to qualify for the above stated certification exam and the documentation required from candidates in order to prove eligibility.
Applicants for the CDRMS certification examination must demonstrate that they meet the following criteria as applies to cardiac implantable electronic device (CIED) remote monitoring. The required experience as noted below may be obtained by performing remote monitoring, or in person evaluations. This includes exposure to pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators, and subcutaneous cardiac rhythm monitoring devices (aka implantable loop recorders). Exposure to all major manufacturer's devices is highly encouraged. Note that persons who already hold a valid CCDS credential are not encouraged to sit for this examination, as the CCDS credential is a higher-level certification.
- A minimum of an Associate Degree with at least one year of CIED remote monitoring or in-person evaluations
- A minimum of four years of experience with CIED remote monitoring or in-person evaluation
- Successfully completed the Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) examinations through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) , or an equivalent examination, with at least one year of CIED remote monitoring or in-person evaluations
One letter of recommendation that validates your commitment in the field must be submitted with the application.
Upon submitting an application for the exam, all candidates must provide appropriate documentation as evidence of the candidate’s eligibility - all criteria must be addressed as part of the application by submission of documentation. All documentation must be uploaded as as one file and submitted with the online application. Documentation will be reviewed by IBHRE staff. Applications received without appropriate documentation will be ineligible to site for the examination.
Required documentation for submission (depending on the eligibility pathway) is as follows:
- At least one letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, human resources representative, or colleague from the candidate's place of employment attesting to candidate's current position. In addition, the same letter or another letter must confirm current or past involvement in the field of remote or in-person CIED monitoring/management, and the number of years of experience in the field
- A copy of current professional license from the State, Province or Country of current practice
- A copy of certificate or diploma of completion from professional school (e.g. medical, nursing, technical college, bachelors degree, etc.)
- If applicable, certificate of completion or other documentation verifying successful completion of education or certification (such as Register Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist).
IBHRE reserves the right to independently verify the licenses, credentials and employment status of all examination candidates. The candidate’s signature on his or her examination application duly authorizes IBHRE to conduct such independent verification.