The following tips are for candidates preparing to take any of the IBHRE certification exams:
- Refer to your experience in the field, drawing from on-the-job training and clinical experience in implant procedures and EP studies.
- Review your respective Exam Content Outline for a comprehensive framework of what will appear on the exam.
- Review the IBHRE Recommended Reading lists as a reference of pertinent texts.
- Consult at least one textbook on general pacing/defibrillation or electrophysiology and a variety of review articles and reports on major clinical trials.
- Study pertinent articles in PACE (Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology) and JCE (Journal of Cardiac Electrophysiology)
- Seek out articles concerning arrhythmia (particularly review articles) in major cardiology journals from over the past five years.
- Take the Computer-Based Testing Tutorial prior to exam day to become familiar with the exam format and the functionality of the computerized caliper and calculator tools.