IBHRE-C3, Continuous Competency, Continuous Learning, Continuous Certification, is a new certification maintenance program.
You worked hard to earn your CCDS and CEPS credentials. Now proudly display it to your patients and colleagues!
IBHRE congratulates all certified recipients who uphold their credentials through maintenance of certification and recertification.
The International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) is a self-governing organization that provides certification in the fields of cardiac rhythm device therapy, cardiac device remote monitoring, and cardiac electrophysiology. It has established itself as promoting the highest standards of cardiac rhythm management and recognition of cardiac care professionals world-wide.
Distinct examinations thoroughly test competencies necessary to provide quality patient care in cardiac pacing and electrophysiology. Each certification can be obtained by qualifying for and successfully passing an examination in a computer-based testing format.
The mission of The International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners is to increase the heart rhythm professional's knowledge in order to improve the quality of care delivered to our patients.
The International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners' (IBHRE's) certification programs are accredited by the ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) under ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 (General Requirements for Bodies Operating Certification Systems of Persons) for many of its certification programs (ANSI accredited Certifier- #0787). ANSI is a global leader in operating standards and conformity assessment systems. Due to its rigorous assessment process, ANSI represents the highest standard in personnel certification accreditation. Achieving and maintaining accreditation is part of an ongoing commitment to add value to the exam body and signify to our certified professionals, exam candidates and the medical community that the IBHRE certification programs adhere to the highest standards in credentialing.
Accredited certification examinations include:
- Certified Cardiac Device Specialist, Physician (CCDS)
- Certified Cardiac Device Specialist, Allied Professional (CCDS)
- Certified Electrophysiology Specialist (CEPS)
- Certified Electrophysiology Specialist - Adult (CEPS-A) and Certified Electrophysiology Specialist - Pediatric (CEPS-P)
An independent certifying board, IBHRE is an affiliate of the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), with which it shares an administrative agreement. IBHRE provides testing based on current competencies in heart rhythm management to validate knowledge for the delivery of health care to patients.
- Serves as a validation of your cardiac pacing, cardiac device remote monitoring, and electrophysiology qualifications
- Recognizes your achievement of an international standard that goes beyond the scope of licensure
- Successfully measures your knowledge based on predetermined standards in heart rhythm management
IBHRE recipients have the scientific foundation, clinical skills, and technical knowledge required to provide and facilitate safe quality patient care in the management of arrhythmias.
Why IBHRE Certification?
- Recognition and validation of competency in an advanced field of heart rhythm management
- Recognition of continuous learning and meeting international standards
- Demonstration of knowledge and best practices
- Promotes a competent knowledge base
- Link to quality patient outcomes
- Offers a competitive edge for professional advancement
The IBHRE newsletter, called IBHRE Source, gives our community access to a bulletin where information, experiences, and issues can be shared.